Friday, January 12, 2007

Shit Robot, shite speed


It's Friday, I am at home, didn't go out sans dinner with my wife Sara and her dad, and I am actually enjoying my laziness at home this evening. All I have been doing is ripping some .wav files of some 12"s I have rec'd as promos from labels. That way, see, I can listen to them at work and in the car and be prepared with what sounds will come out when I play the wax next weekend at Shag Frenzy. Tonight, so far, it's been an all-DFA ripping session, 'cos I got me hands on a pile of wax courtesy of those Astralwerks cats who distribute the DFA shit in North America.


SHIT ROBOT Wrong Galaxy/Triumph 12"
HOT CHIP Over And Over Remixes 12"
THE JUAN MACLEAN Love Is In The Air Remixes 12"


Now, this is strange. Whilst looking for some info on Shit Robot, I came across a review that said this:

The latest release from DFA's ever virile stud-farm, Shit Robot (aka Marcus Lambkin) certainly knows his Carl Craig - with this mislabeled 12" (it says 33rpm... it isn't) harking back to his 69 days.

I recorded this at 33rpm like the label says, and, I swear, it sounded ok. I'm going to go back and see what it's like at 45rpm. Strange, right? Someone is full of shit, them or me...or maybe this record actually sounds ok at either speed. *time elapsed.....* OK, this record sounds stupid at 45rpm. These reviewers are complete and utter fools.

No comments: